Thursday, May 24, 2012

Do you forgive, but not forget?

I've been struggling with the notion of forgiving those who have hurt me or done things so utterly terrible you wouldn't think there would be enough forgiveness in the world! I feel I have a lot of hate in me. To look at me from the outside one would say I am bubbly and friendly and perhaps happy, but the truth is, inside I am a ball of anger and hate.



The main cause of my anger is towards the Dr's that are responsible for my babies death. A part of me want's to let go, but then a bigger part of me wants to rip their heads off (OK so perhaps a little melodramatic). The fact I have never got an apology from said Dr's, yes the hospital admitted fault but I was never told two simple word 'I'm sorry'. Our lives have been DRAMATICALLY affected by these Dr's bad decision. I don't know if I can muster the strength to give forgiveness. I know no matter how much anger I hold it won't bring my baby back, but I feel if I forgive them they are let off and they shouldn't be.


Is this possible?

Another reason for my anger is actions made by people I considered my close friends. I was deeply hurt by actions made by them and while I miss their friendship I'm not sure if I can forgive and forget.

Can you really forgive? Can you just say, hurtful actions towards me won't affect me any more. Or is it a big fat giant con? Have you forgiven someone? Have you been able to move on, get over it? Is forgiveness the key to freedom?



I would love to hear your thoughts.

TNT...



3 comments:

  1. "Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been different". Oprah. This is my favourite all time quote. It says it all. I am so sorry for the loss of your baby, I cannot imagine the pain you have gone through. But I can imagine it would be hard to forgive those responsible.
    In terms of friendship pain. I have had the most tumultuous two years of my life with a friendship gone really bad. I ended up in counselling because of it. I have had to see this person every single day at our children's school, which hasn't helped. But in time, I learnt to just let it go. I can't necessarily say that I forgave them as such, but I certainly gave up hope that the past could have been different. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind and supportive words. I hope that you have found peace in your life ♥

      Delete
  2. my kindest thoughts are with you as you work through this . xx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of Site Visitors
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com