Monday, May 28, 2012

A bit of a refresh and a new project!


So, I get bored easily, so I decided the blog needed a little sprucing up. What do you think? I'm totes in love with grey and teal at the moment, can't you tell LOL and of course good old chevron!

I'm trying to teach myself a bit of HTML to go outside the template limits which blogger provides. It's a lot of trial and error but it's fun when things work out the way you envisage them!

I would love to hear what you think of my new outfit, leave a comment below (I love comments hehe)

In the wee hours of last night I stumbled across the best tutorials I've seen I think in forever! Paula is such a great teacher, she explains things clearly, goes nice and slow and doesn't confuse me, (which I know isn't hard but hey! LOL) Paula has a website, which is cleverly called, Crochet hooks you. On there you can find heaps of tutorials (mostly if not all on youtube, which for me is great as I learn better seeing someone do something rather than reading a pattern). She focuses mainly on beginners and easy skill levels and she's Australian! As you can tell I am a little excited to have found Crochet hooks you and I hope you are too! Be sure to stop by her site, you won't be disappointed! Also don't forget to subscribe to the Youtube channel!

Now onto the project, now my hand has had a few days to recover from the 6 weeks of granny square making, it's time, I wanted something that was still beginner friendly but still a challenge and I found it. Those of you who follow my pinterest may have noticed a theme with my pinning, I've been searching for the perfect crochet bowl tutorial, and I found one on Paula's Youtube channel, yay!

Here's the first of four videos (it's only a two part series but it's over 4 video's, if that makes sense.)




  Part 1 (video 2) || Part 2 (video 1) || Part 2 (video 2)

I can't wait to get started, and hopefully It doesn't take me long before I have some cute crochet bowls to show you! 

Till then...

TTFN!



2 comments:

  1. I love your new blog design! Love the chevron (totally you!) and love the teal.

    I'm loving how you are throwing yourself into the crocheting. I'm still yet to finish what I started last year. Hello unfinished project alert!

    Can't wait to see photos of your bowls soon.

    Thanks for the tips re the Aussie crochet website. Will check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I'm in love with grey, teal, chevrons at the mo!

      I've gotten a bit frustrated with crochet, but I just have to be patient, and i think I need to make some more bowls!

      Delete

I ♥ comments :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of Site Visitors
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com