Thursday, August 4, 2011

To paint or not to paint.



I found this wee vase at a local trash and treasure a few months back, cost me all of $1, I fell in love with the 'shrooms, thinking it would fit in ever so nicely with my woodland theme addiction I am currently working on. What I didn't fall in love with is the curry/mustard brown/yellow glaze which adorns it.

My first thought was to paint white but then a little voice said, um hello it's glazed, you can't paint over glaze, a little googling pretty much brought me to the same conclusion, unless I wanted to go the trouble of having it fired again which could ruin it which is something I didn't want to happen. But I just don't know if I can live with the colour, so it has sat on my desk where I stare at it most of the day while working trying to like the colour and it is growing on my but still now 100% convinced.

What do you think? Do you like the colour, should I keep it with the vintage/retro vibe which comes with it, it is gives of a very 70's vibe. A part of me wants to go at it with some heavy duty spray paint and see what happends but I don't want to ruin it, humph.

WWYD?




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of Site Visitors
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com