Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I have a dream....



I have a dream, do you want to know what it is?

What is my dream? My dream is to one day have my own store, not just any store a handmade emporium ( I love that word!) if you will. I want it to be a haven for crafters to come and craft, learn, network, create friendships, buy handmade items from all over the world as well as sell their handmade creations.

I would love my little store to be warm and inspiring, calming and creative.



What my dream looks like in my head...

  • Retail space to buy and sell all things handmade, purchase craft books, purchase various crafting supplies such as threads, felt, fabrics, buttons etc etc.
  • A coffee lounge with over stuffed couches and arm chairs, lots of pillows and bean bags where you can purchase yummy locally produced sweets, cakes, and savories, and host small craft groups meet up or catch up for a coffee with a friend for a chat or just relax.
  • A space with sewing machines/ over lockers/ embroidery machines, body forms etc for people to use either as a class or hire (in store) per hour, making it affordable and accessible for anyone who want's to learn to sew or who doesn't own a machine to do their own sewing.
  • Craft Classes (Make and Take), lots of beginner classes as well as things like softie making, screen printing, quilting etc.
  • Guess designers hosting talks on their chosen craft, offering demonstrations.
  • A place for small business crafters to network, learn the ins and outs of selling their crafts either at market or online.
  • Children's craft experiences, a place for kids to express them selves through creativity.
  • Wifi for peeps to blog, chat, FB while they craft, or to look up that much needed pattern or tutorial.
  • The decoration will be a mixture or vintage, op shop finds, woodland cuteness (so lots of cute mushrooms and deer EVERYWHERE!). 
  • Lots more to come...


As you can see I have a lot going on up there. But I feel as time goes on that this is my true calling. I think this is what I was put on this earth to do and damn it I am going to do it one way or another.
What's holding me back? Well money to be blatantly honest, I don't have any nor am I in the position to borrow any from either family or financial institute so for the time being (and unless a long lost relative drops dead and leaves their fortune to me, which I feel isn't going to happen) it will remain as a dream but some day soon I hope that my dream will really come true. But I invite you to come along on my journey, I will be using this blog to document ideas and designs I would love for my place.

So buckle up, hands inside the vehicle and lets get this journey started!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds beautiful Gem, If I ever win a MEGA lotto, I would fund your beautiful dream.

    Your dream made me feel like I was in a make believe world full of fun!

    I am looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo. I'm excited! I'll be there (cashed up!) for the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm there too Gem - and I'll open the Ballarat branch!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of Site Visitors
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com