Friday, January 27, 2012

Australia Day 2012


I hope you enjoyed you're Australia day yesterday. For some it's a great day to celebrate the country, it's people and all that it stands for, for some its a day of sadness and reflection, thinking of the Aboriginal people who's lives were changed for ever when some white fella's stole all that was sacred to them, for others it's a day off! What it is for my I'm not sure of. I love being an Aussie but not at the cost of others lives, I'm grateful to have been born in a free country, where there is no war and has equality (to a certain extent). For me Australia day is a day to get together as family eat yummy food and think of all that is.

Here are a couple of snaps from our lunch yesterday.




It was sad that the day was marred by controversy. The Prime Minister being dragged to safety after a protest went awry. But how freaking cute was the bodyguard doing the dragging! Yay for hot security! He doesn't have a name yet, but he's been likened to Kevin Costner from the bodyguard!



Are you patriotic? How do you celebrate Australia's birthday? 

Till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of Site Visitors
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com